Monday, May 18, 2009

What's up in Boston


Hi Y'all,

Happy Easter from Boston! I've been meaning to post some current events for awhile. Better late than never!

I'll start with Holy Week. We did our own Holy week services this year at NU.






We had Holy Thursday mass followed by a Eucharistic procession across the street to the Catholic Center.













Where we had adoration for a while.
T
Then about 25 of us took to the streets to go "church hopping". We went to several Chapel's aong the way to pray (one of them in Mall) We sing along the way, it's quite a scene!






We met up with some BU students and our numbers swelled to about 80!

We finished up at the Cathedral where we packed out the adoration chapel. Students led some praise and worship music, then we had night prayer with Cardinal O'Malley.

Good Friday we had Stations of the Cross out in the middle of campus!

Of course we did the rest of the awesome Easter celebrations, but I didn't get any pictures of them!

It has been a great Easter Season so far.

I did an 8 day Ignatian retreat last week. It was a great way to experience God's love for me in a deeply meditative time.

Yesterday I rode 101 miles with a large group of local bikers. My legs are a little sore!

The only picture I got was at the begining with 0 miles on the odometer. It rained hard only the 1st 40 miles, then cleared up. It was a lot of fun anyway!

God Bless and I hope to see you all sometime before July!

Love,

John, Uncle John, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Ah!!!! great Post uncle John... I also have a post i have been meaning to put up...Anywhoooo It looks like you guys are kicking Butts and taking names up there for the Kingdom... PTL Keep up the good work!!! The Beard has managed to stay off i just wonder Where the brotherhood gets the budget for all those razors? Also 101 Miles that is intense! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete